Sail Newfoundland, Nova Scotia & PEI | One Ocean Expedition
Canada's East Coast: Fins & Fiddles
Louisbourg To Louisbourg
10 Nights/11 Days — 5–15 July, 2017
10 Nights/11 Days — 21–31 July, 2017
Immerse yourself in everyday 18th century life within a French fortress in Louisbourg, Nova Scotia, then set sail into the North Atlantic on a small, ice–strengthened expedition cruise ship while savouring a fresh local lobster supper. Wake up to the mystique of remote Sable Island where wild horses run free on grassy dunes while grey seals bark from sandy shores at waters littered with 350 shipwrecks. Comical, colourful puffins flap through the salty air and countless gannets crowd a thriving colony. Scan the horizon for humpback, minke and blue whales. Explore Canadian history in genteel Charlottetown, PEI where Canada was born in 1867. Kayak or stand–up paddle board across glassy waters, cruise on a guided zodiac tour, or head ashore to hike or cycle. In Newfoundland and Labrador, sail alongside soaring fjord walls streaming with waterfalls in Gros Morne National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Drop in for wine and cheese at a petit outpost of France off Canada’s coast. Then along the coastlines of Iles-de-la-Madeleine and Anticosti Island in Quebec, explore some salty fishing villages with quaint homes painted in rainbow colours — who knows, you might even find yourself dancing a jig with locals to fiery fiddle music at a kitchen party!
One Ocean Expeditions is proud to be a part of the Canadian Signature Experience. Creating innovative travel experiences, designed to encourage visitors to keep exploring Canada, we have been included as one of the newest signature experience members. As diverse as Canada itself, this unique experience is offered to provide the best Canada has to offer.
This voyage is truly a wildlife adventure.
- View abundant wildlife such as baleen whales, grey seals, Atlantic razorbill, great cormorant, black-legged kittiwakes, eagles and Atlantic puffins to name a few.
- Complimentary activities program available including hiking, biking, cycling, kayaking and paddle boarding.
- Onboard live musical entertainment from Jim Payne — a traditional Newfoundland folk musician.
- Improve your camera craft with photographer in residence, Debra Garside, one of the most exclusive Sable Island guides and photographers, whose images have garnered international acclaim.
- Dine on fresh lobster delivered by local fishermen and enjoy dining experiences on quiet beaches.
- Visit the tablelands of Gros Morne, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, as well as Sable Island — one of Canada’s newest National Parks.
- Experience the picturesque territory of St. Pierre et Miquelon, a French enclave within North America while enjoying French wine and cheese.
- Family–friendly programming.
- Admission on embarkation day to the must-visit Fortress of Louisbourg, a National Historical Site of Canada.